Friday, July 6, 2012

My First Quilt

Yaeee! I finished by first quilt!!! The Patchwork Prism Quilt by Anna Maria Horner for Janome.  I actually had a total of three weeks to work on this quilt.
Just three weeks before my sister's wedding I decide to go for it as a present to her and her new husband. I shut down my shop for the month in order just to work on it. "Hey! I've got kids. I can only do so much" I'm glad I could tell myself this instead of thinking "I can do it all." Anyhoo, I really enjoyed making this quilt. in fact, i was crawling on the ground for three hours basting the three layers together realizing and saying to myself  "I LOVE THIS!" Crazy I know.


I never do projects in the allotted time frame that they are introduce with special events and contests. But with the motivation of my sister's wedding I was able to enter the sew along for this quilt hosted by Sweet Diesel Designs.

1 comment: