Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sun Tea


One of my favorite memories growing up is my mom making her sun tea. Instructions: Fill a large jar with water, place 6 tea bags into the water, place it in the sunniest place in the yard and then let the sun do its work.  

Sounds simple right? You would not believe how much the taste varies from one batch to the next. My first batch was perfect. Smooth and crisp. Not too heavy in tea taste to dry your pallet. Haven't had it since. I suppose everyone has their own way of liking sun tea. But for me it's either weak or to much of a bite. And to think, it can all be caused by a single cloud shading for a half hour, or the sky speckled in little clouds. 

Oh well, :) Its a non guilty pleasure of mine for the summer. I don't have to worry about sugar or being caught on caffeine. Its a wonderful journey to figure out my mothers perfect sun tea recipe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment